Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Trust In God

Trust In God



Now I don't really write many posts about my faith. I do like to write controversial posts but forcing my religion on anyone is pretty much where I draw the line. I don't like to categorize myself into anything that really divides us as a society whether it'd be politics or religion. I am more or less a spiritual individual who believes there really is a God. At one point or another we'll need God. When a loved one is having a hard time with their health, you turn to God when in the past you never believed in them. You pray for your children in the NICU when they're premature or slowly reaching death, You pray for your parents on their deathbed, you even pray to win the lottery. A quote from one of my favorite movies called The Prophecy 2. A woman says "it's not that he doesn't talk to you, you know? It's just that you don't listen" Whether or not God personally speaks to us, I do believe God is there.



I have prayed many times in the past and even started praying again now. I pray for my family, I pray for my children, I pray for more pleasant outcomes in life. I don't pray to win the lottery and only twice prayed for selfish gain. I no longer do that. I've learned God seldom answers selfish prayer, that's all granted by chance. However, if it's in a selfless act, God will listen and most times answer your prayers unless he has something different in store for whom your prayers are about. I have prayed that I get my current job. Which I did. and I prayed for God to forgive me for adultery and bring the man I cheated with back to me, He did come back around for a short time. I think it was God's apology for dealing me such a rough hand in life. God's forgiven me of all my trespasses so I found it easy to forgive God as well.




My most recent set of prayers were toward my birth sister. She is struggling with her health and had gotten a sever infection that traveled from her abdomen to her heart which is already weak and she has a pacemaker fitted which she has had since childhood. The first time I visited her she was swollen like Violet Beureguard in Charlie And The Chocolate Factory. She was as pale as a goth wearing white foundation, She couldn't keep her eyes open and was very unresponsive. She also had a breathing tube down her throat because she was no longer breathing on her own. It was terrible to see so I started praying to God for her often.

She had gotten a surgery to reroute the shunt that goes from her brain to her abdomen in through her lung instead. As I prayed to God, the surgery was a success and with a new update from my birth mother who I call Mommy Dearest, My sister is recovering well and the new shunt location is responding very well. She has gotten her color back and is more alert to visitors. The next step is to place a breathing tube into her neck so she will be able to speak if she can fight to do so. I will pray for that as well. God has been listening to my prayers, I know this. I thank God in this difficult time for my family and myself. God may not speak to me directly but I know God is speaking through actions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment