Thursday, September 28, 2017

The Bookworm Life

The Bookworm Life



I have been reading books like crazy lately. I finished one in 5 days then another in four now i'm on another one all back to back. I have no idea what started it. I usually go into phases where i'd love reading and then before you know it I can't bear to pick up another book. So far it's been sticking. Sure I don't read as much as I used to given I have a job but I read whenever I can. I even have my current book in my purse to read on my way home from work since it's small enough to fit there.

What makes you love to read? I love escaping to other worlds. It's better to read than to watch a movie because you learn a larger vocabulary and are forced to use your imagination. I deal with a lot of drama at home so I like to have an escape. It's almost as if I am sick of my life and want to pretend to be someone else for a while so I confide in a novel.

I can read practically anywhere. I like to lay tummy down on my bed with music on and a book in hand with a hot cup of tea nearby or on the couch with a cup of coffee on the coffee table and my book laid out on a pillow. I can even enjoy reading while waiting for the bus to arrive after a day at work.

I prefer paper novels. I occasionally read on my kindle app on my phone but it's just not the same. You can't smell the pages or feel them in your fingers. You have to worry about sun glare or the battery on your device. With paper books all you need is a portable book light and you're ready to go anywhere. My favorite novels are hardcover because you don't have to worry about the covers bending and crease lines.

I have many beloved authors who I enjoy their novels. Isaac Marion, Carolyn Turgeon, Heather Graham, Seth Patrick, Joe Hill, James Swain just to name a few... OK well most of them I guess. The thing is I like to read a vast variety of novels by different writers. I have a thing at discovery to see different writing styles and enter the mind of the author to try to think what they might have been thinking in the process of coming up with the ideas for the books. I also like to broaden the horizon by learning about different authors. 

As you can see from my writer selection I have listed many. I read all of their books but occasionally branch out with novels I buy at the library bookstore. I really like the library bookstore because you can never quite predict what they will have in stock. Or even when they restock the shelves. I own so many books and have only read ten of them so far. I don't know why but I tend to collect books but then go to the library and borrow books to actually read. It's odd I guess to be like that and I know I should read the books I actually have. Oh well, the struggle is real.

No comments:

Post a Comment