Wednesday, July 13, 2016

4 Ways Prayer Has Worked For Me

4 Ways Prayer Has Worked For Me


There's many doubts of there being a God or whether or not Praying to God even works. I used to be skeptical of God and Praying until It had worked in my favor. Think about me and my story next time you need Lord in your life and remember Prayer works and God will always prevail when you need it most and this is coming from a once Atheist


1. I prayed for my misery to end. I was in an abusive and toxic marriage for a total of 5 years. I Was choked, beaten, raped, and verbally, mentally, and emotionally tortured on a daily basis that I resorted to self mutilation, or "cutting" because I found myself worthless. I would continuously cut myself with my then husband's knife or a razor on my right arm or leg multiple times a day due to the abuse. I eventually got strong enough to leave him. Every time we got into an argument he would call up my parents and tell them he's taking me to them because he was "done with me" I would move back in with my parents and nearly a month later he would give me the "I don't want to be like that I'll never do it again" sob story and I would fall for it. But then we'd get into another argument and he'd take me back to my parents. Eventually I got tired of the yo-yo of our marriage and refused to go back with him. For a while even though i wasn't with him I was still miserable and cutting myself. I fought with my father multiple times a day to the point I'd only eat if he was asleep or unless my mother would bring food to my room. I lost a lot of weight because my meals would consist of a sandwich or a bowl of microwavable soup a day. I would cry myself to sleep many nights or lock myself inside the bathroom with my razor or a steak knife I would sneak from the kitchen. This went on until 2011. When I became pregnant. I quit cutting because I quit letting my Husband get the best of me and quit conversation all together for the best for me and my pregnancy. that baby was a blessing and my prayer answered.


2. I prayed for a healthy baby boy. I became pregnant in 2011 and it was far from being an easy pregnancy. I would contract and would go to the hospital for them to stop the contractions since it was too soon. The Doctors even shot me with steroids to help his lungs develop faster in case he were to be born prematurely. I Always had morning sickness and cramping. It was a miserable pregnancy. Fortunately he was born a week early and aside from swallowing a little Meconium in the womb He was healthy, That is until he was hospitalized for a birth rash and they couldn't figure it out. I prayed that they would find out why my son was covered in red hive like bumps since birth.We were given various ointments and medications to clear up his rash but nothing worked and one made him break out worse. Eventually we took him to his pediatrician and he was diagnosed with scabies. We were both treated for it and it went away. God had answered my prayers once again.


3.  I prayed to God for my job, I was with a man and got a call on my voicemail for a job interview at the very agency I was working with to get a job. I was very nervous with it being my first interview, "um" and "uh" were very common in my answers to Terry and Nancy. When I felt more comfortable we began joking and my nerves were put at ease. After the interview was over I sat in the lobby and prayed I'd get the job. Sure enough God heard me and I got the job I hadn't felt more for-filled than that moment. It was a near exhilarating feeling. I have been at my job since May 28th, 2015.


4. I prayed for my relationship with my father to improve. As I stated, my relationship with my father was extremely shaky. He was a bit of an alcoholic and would target me with his anger whenever he drank to much. We tried counselling but we would not see eye to eye in anything the therapist would say. There was no hope so I would pray to God that my father and I would somehow resolve our personal issues and that Alcohol would stop inflicting havoc on the household. After I had my son, and got my job, My father started laying off me a bit more and began to drink less and less as the weeks went by. I started seeing things differently as well and stopped blaming him for all my problems. We began to develop a deep respect for one another. He would start to defend me when arguments with my mom would ensue and I him. Now in 2016 we couldn't be any closer. I bought him sweatshirts for Christmas, a watch for his birthday, and a heartfelt card and little slot machine/bank for father's day. I am now closer to him than I am to my mother. I am happy riding in the vehicle with him and when we have the house to ourselves. He taught me how to grill Hamburgers which I am still not close to becoming the Master at doing. Things have been going great.

So whether you believe or not, next time you are going through a hard time, need a job, or even just a laugh during the day try praying for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment