Saturday, July 23, 2016

Born to Love, Raised To Hate

Born To Love, Raised To Hate


All this hate out there reminds me of a woman that lived in my neighborhood years ago. I do not know her name. All I remember was she was an older Indian woman. She didn't speak any English but would stop in front of my house 3 times a week while walking her grandson. My son would go up to him and they would start babbling and they would occasionally play in the yard together. She and I would just laugh and smile at each other while they made friends. You'd think this was a very long time ago with the hate that is plaguing the world today. In fact, it was only 3 years ago. With all the hate going on today I wish I could see her one more time and give her a great big hug. I was not raised to hate like many are today, I have black friends, white friends, Asian friends, and even one from Pakistan who I never once thought "Maybe he's a terrorist". a child is born pure of heart and loves everyone. Makes best friends in a matter of minutes with any child. They don't see skin color, or assume that person is a terrorist based on their religious background. They have no fear of another person. That is learned as they get older and as they are taught "these people are bad" or "These people you should be friends with" Personally, I think it's ridiculous! first the Jews were eliminated, and for what? then segregation between blacks and whites and then the Taliban that all Middle Eastern people are the bad people. Now it's Muslims. You can't hate a whole race of people based on a few of their poor choices. Sure Isis is a bad group of people but not all Muslims are Isis associated. You can't hate a person for wearing a turban,  Do you agree that sounds silly? "You wear a Turban so I don't like you" It's really all based on fear. People don't like many things when fear is instilled in them. On Facebook a Canadian man was putting me down and greatly insulting me... why? Because I'm American and to him all American's were inbred unintelligent wastes of air. Do you really want kids to become like him? To hate someone for the smallest difference? There needs to be changes in the world and more love shown to the children.

"Heal The World
Make It A Better Place
For You And For Me
And The Entire Human Race
There Are People Dying
If You Care Enough
For The Living
Make A Better Place
For You And For Me"
- Michael Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment