Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Modern VS. Vintage




So today I've been thinking, what happened to old time romance? Wooing a girl and going steady? Now it's online dating and "here's a picture of my d**k". My parents have been married for 40+ years, now a days people get divorced in a year. I may just be old fashioned when I say this but am I wrong for wanting a guy to buy me flowers on a first date instead of condoms? Ladies and gentleman are a rare and possibly dead breed. What happened to the women who waited for their man to come back from war? Now most of them soldiers get "Dear John" letters because they found another man or woman since Women can serve now too... Girls from back in the day in my opinion were classy they were conservative and feminine NOT that being feminine is a bad thing but it seems as time goes on women wear less and less because the idea of being classified as "sexy" has a new meaning these days. It's all about chest and backsides hanging out and heels of pumps getting longer. What the f**k happened to the old days? I was born in the wrong era. Where a man would walk up to a woman and say "care for a movie?" OR "may I have this dance?" Instead of sending a text saying "let's hang out" or "netflix and chill?" The girls need a lot more self respect as well. Bodies are meant to be explored not the goods displayed for the world to see. Maybe that's just my opinion though. I saw a meme on facebook where a little old lady who's been married for 50 years gave out her secret. "when we were born we learned when something is broken you fix it not throw it in the trash." The world has changed so much and I don't think that much for the better. Oldies music and comedy was better too! How I love to watch Dean Martin sing in his collaborations with funny man Jerry Lewis, Or listen to a little Judy Garland or Nat King Cole while i lay down. Things just aren't how they used to be and this makes me sad. we should bring back some of the ways of the 40s or 50s don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment