Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Braces Day

Braces Day



Today is the day I get my braces. After 4 P.M I will officially be considered a "Brace Face". I am extremely nervous about this and not looking forward to all the pain! I can say the change in my diet is going to suck majorly as well. Goodbye to most of the foods i enjoy eating. At least coffee can still be on the menu. I am going to my appointment straight from work along with my $300 down payment. This is an extremely exciting yet nerve-wrecking occurrence. However, the sooner it gets done, the faster the time will take. 

I was bored at work and thinking about questions to ask my cosmetic dentist. I came up with foods to eat, foods to avoid, and how the hell i'm going to upkeep on a clean mouth when food gets stuck in my teeth enough as it is! My best friend suggested google so I heeded her idea and searched for the answers of the questions I was going to ask him. I got a nice list of the foods recommended to and from eating during the 2 1/2 years or so of my braces treatment. Luckily some of the items are things I like to eat anyways such as soup, yogurt, ice cream, mashed potatoes, and smoothies. I suppose I should just give up pizza considering i'm unable to eat the crusts.

For the first week i'm gonna take up sipping a ton of beef broth and cramming down smooth ice cream. I'm also going to try to keep up on my walking regimen and listen to music or read to get my mind off of the soreness and pain the next week. Lord knows i'm going to have to stock up on pain killers and Orajel! It's going to be hard to change my sleeping position in order to assure the braces won't cut into my cheek.

I already made up a shopping list of items to get that I can indulge in such as beef broth paste, ice cream, yogurt, applesauce, eggs, potatoes, and oatmeal or grits. All foods that I love anyway. As well as a couple medications such as Tylenol for pain and Orajel to numb my gums.

I hope they have teal bands for the braces. If they do i'm getting purple and teal otherwise i'm just getting purple. I wonder how long it'll take to set the braces in place and what other things he's gonna tell me to keep up on their care.

Not to mention the motion carrier i'm getting as well. It's a device for your jaw to correct overbites. I have a huge overbite so it's necessary. But the grand total for both treatments is going to amount to $4,500 out of pocket in a payment plan when my mother might have had to dish out over $6,000 if I were to have gotten braces when I was younger. I'd consider that a pretty good deal considering.

Safe to say i'm extremely excited and preparing for the tedious and long week ahead. The unfortunate thing is I won't be able to eat the local food truck this week which I didn't think about and saved up 6 dollars for. Maybe i'll use that to get myself a frosty from Wendy's and some new books from the library after my appointment. I think i'm going to be doing a lot of reading from today forth. I really hope it all works out well for me. I will post and entry of my experience after it all takes place. CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment