Sunday, August 13, 2017

Peaceful Night

Peaceful Night



I find it way more peaceful at night when everyone has retired for the evening. My son's asleep in our bed, My dad is watching his news undisturbed in the living room, my mom is in bed, my teenage housemate in his room, and my defiant dog in her crate asleep. I can just relax and breathe deeply without any fights or social interactions. I read a bit then went downstairs and unloaded the dishwasher and made myself a nice hot cup of Chamomile tea while I sat in the living room with my dad watching a history channel documentary on the history of vehicles while I drank it. How names such as Ford, Chevy, and Dodge came into existence. It was actually interesting to hear how much currency changed. $10,000 back then would be equal to $250,000 now.

I went back upstairs and am now listening to music while I chit-chat with the best friend and write this. I can never feel more at peace than I do right now. It may be that household members turned themselves in and settled for the night, or just the night being as relaxing and serene as it ever is. I guess you could call me a night owl especially on my 3 day weekends. It may also be that I had indulged in four Monster Energy drinks today and a nice hot shower. Showers always seem to calm me down and relax me as well. Of course I have to keep myself awake now so I can download, install, and update a program by midnight before all the codes expire. I love how I wait until the very last minute -sarcasm- I kept forgetting about it this weekend and it takes forever to download.

I would have to say tonight has been a good ending to an extremely dreadful day. I'm looking forward to these nights next weekend too even though I will find it completely un-motivational to do things around the house for others after today's events. Perhaps i'll take into reading again until these programs download so I can install them in time. how I hope this night never ends and I can continue to have a peaceful carefree night. Why can't every night be like this? Oh well, I can repeat this next weekend I suppose. Maybe i'll be in better spirits then also. CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment