Sunday, August 27, 2017

Coffee Crazy

Coffee Crazy



I've always been a little coffee addicted. I live off coffee especially on the weekends and thought it would be a good idea to buy a Keurig coffee brewer for my personal use in my bedroom. Boy was that not such a good idea after all. It's now past Midnight and I am wide awake. I had bought k-cups on the internet which arrived today instead of Monday and I had also purchased Non-Dairy Creamer that is in powder form so I wouldn't have to store it in a refrigerator. I think I've had about 6 cups since 8PM this evening and watched a movie and listened to music.

When I saw the coffee maker I fell in love. We have one in our Port Clinton summer home but it's an older model. This one is one of my favorite colors and has a digital touch screen. It came with a sample pack of K-Cups and materials for the upkeep on it which is pretty cool. I knew exactly where to put it, on my desk so it's easy to access while on my laptop.

The problem turned out to be, it's too convenient! I no longer have to go downstairs to brew a pot of coffee. I can have single serves in the comfort of my bedroom so whenever i'm getting a craving I can just start the damn thing. I suppose it's a little weird to have a source of caffeine in the area where you're supposed to settle in for the night and actually sleep. Not to mention drink coffee all night long because you're addiction cravings just won't pass.

Perhaps I need to invest in other types of k-cups. I noticed they have Chai Latte k-cups on the market as well as hot cocoa which I found in my sample pack and drank. it was very delicious! Chai Lattes are a milky savory tea blend and well everyone knows what hot cocoa is. At least they don't have so much caffeine in them. Might be a good investment for work days.

I guess I should just be thankful I don't have to work until Wednesday. Unfortunately I have to be up relatively early tomorrow to get ready for a visit with my birth parents and then go as a family to see my sister in the hospital. I really hope she's doing better. Perhaps since I've just got a lot on my mind, I've been trying not to think about it by using my Keurig constantly. It keeps me up but then I find things to do like write this entry. Perhaps next i'll finally put my laundry away or read a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment