Thursday, August 31, 2017

3 Reasons why I was born In The wrong Decade

3 Reasons Why I Was Born In The Wrong Decade




I always wondered what it would be like to live in other decades. The fashion styles, the movies and the music. Maybe i'm just bored with my present life but there's something about 3 decades that I keep going back to as if my past was a big part of it. for one of these decades it really was. There's so many things from the past I would pull into the present. The mannerisms of men, The music, even some of the clothing styles. It's just not the same anymore. My 3 favorite decades it time are the 50's, 80's and the one I really did grow up in, the 90's. I will explain why I should probably belong in one of these three decades.



Why do I belong in the 50's? Well that's a good question. I always loved Jerry Lewis movies. My favorite is Sailor Beware. I love poodle skirts,pin-up and Elvis Presley. I love diners where they have jukeboxes and colorful posters. It's where the teenagers of the 50's would hang out or date sharing a milkshake. The waitresses racing to cars with their orders wearing skates. I like the idea of the drapes and the squares kind of like the movie Cry Baby starring Johnny Depp. I always wondered how different I would be if I were raised in the 50's. would my morals be better? would I be able to clean and cook and ultimately upkeep on a home while my darling husband worked his tail off in the downtown area? My dad likes to listen to oldies while we're in the car and I actually don't mind. Judy Garland, Nat King Cole, Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin. I've always loved their tunes the most. Courting a girl was way different too. The guys would come to your house and pick you up for a date at the park or diner. They'd ask you to go steady which now is equivalent to a promise ring which is a dying event. They showed the utmost respect and were polite. That's a complete change to guys today.



Why do I live in the 80's? The 80's were an awesome time full of color and music. The sense of styles were out of this world. If you've watch Hot Tub Time Machine or Wedding Singer, or Pretty In Pink you'd have an idea. The music was great! Whitney Houston, Madonna, Culture Club. It was very versatile. Great shows aired in the 80's as well such as The Fresh Prince of Bellaire starring Will Smith In Living Color was a good one also. I remember when MTV was actually a music video channel and not airing shows such as The Real World or 16 and Pregnant. Those were the great old days. focused around music, friends, and family and of course making up your own wardrobe for school and not trying to fit in anywhere but be yourself. I was born at the end of that decade in 1988 but my mom still wore pop bottle glasses and my uncle had a mullet.



and why I belong in the 90's. Being born in 1988 I was raised in the 90's and it was a great decade. You didn't see teenage girls dressed up in mini skirts and crop tops. When you were 8 you didn't worry about how you looked because you weren't exposed to anything having to do with fashion and beauty magazines. It was the decades most videogames were introduced but you wouldn't get glued. You'd still play outside until it was time for lunch or when the street lamps turned on. I loved the 90's music as well. Seal, Ace Of Base, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nsync, Backstreet Boys, Christina Alguilera, and best of all, The Spice Girls The music videos back then weren't expressing too much sex until the early 2000's. I love 90's movies in fact I've got a big collection such as Jungle To Jungle, The Santa Clause, Tom and Huck, Practical Magic. The Mask. It was a great time to be a kid.

So with all that said, What decade do you feel you belong in? There's so many great decades out there to call your past life home. A time you feel stuck in and connected with every fiber of your being.

No comments:

Post a Comment