Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Nice Surprise

Nice Surprise

One morning I was asking my mom a ton of questions about the bike her and my sister went 50/50 on which was a really neat semi-vintage shiny pink Schwinn bicycle. My mom clearly knew I was extremely interested. I was planning to get myself one after getting all my debt paid off. She told me for Christmas she would be willing to go half and half on one for me and told me to look up to see if they had other colors. I looked it up on Target's website where they had bought my sister's but they only had pink ones and no one wanted two bikes of the same color. Pink really isn't my forte anyway.

I was hoping to find it in a powder shimmery purple and I did but it wasn't the same make and didn't have all the same features I wanted like the terrain click handle feature or the little seat on the back. I did however find a shimmery powder blue one (pictured above) on Walmart's website. It's identical to my sister's bike minus the chain gear design, color, and designs stamped on the sides. I like that it has a cute little basket too. I fell in love with the bike and my mom said think about it for an hour. I joked saying "okay, i'll think about it for two minutes"

The surprise is that apparently Christmas comes in August. She allowed me to activate one of her credit cards and buy it for myself. We're going half and half on it so i'm going to pay her half this Friday and half at a later date after my bills are paid for the month. The best thing though is I know my mom can't stand to see her children not opening something on Christmas day so she'll most likely still buy us a little something. The bike should be ready for pick-up next Monday since I had it shipped to the store. I also have to buy a bicycle lock on Monday when we go pick it up.

I am super excited about this and can't wait to get it and ride it to places I want to go. While the weather is nice, I might even begin to ride it to work. It costed a bit more than my sister's bike but since my mom spoils me when she isn't busy yelling at me for something, she agreed to let me get it anyway. My sister and mom paid $160.00 for their bike but split that in two it's only $80.00 each and I have to pay my mom back $106.00 because I also got a protection plan on it just to be safe since i'm an ultimate clutz.

No comments:

Post a Comment