Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Shopping!

Shopping!



I had to go shopping for a few supplies for myself and my son for school. I gave myself a budget of $75 for everything on my list. I put aside $35 for a new outfit for my son for school. Turned out I had enough for 2 new outfits so I picked out a nice flannel long sleeved button up shirt and a pair of cargo jeans, then i also picked up a teal striped shirt and camo cargo pants. I thought they would make cute full outfits for my son's first week of school. I also had to buy disinfectant wipes and dry erase markers for his school supplies. I had a few personal items on my list as well such as a bike lock and nail polish remover. I was able to afford everything with a bit to spare. I used the extra to pay my gym membership dues.

It was nice my mom helped me pick out matching outfits for him as apposed to being "no don't get that, get this instead" like she normally is. She didn't even go against me wanting to buy him a pair of jeans. I can't wait to see him in his new outfits. The best part was the flannel shirt only costed a buck when it was under the 2 buck display. Not that a buck difference is a big deal but it was a pleasant surprise anyway. The shopping definitely helped me get my mind off some things.

I will have to go shopping for him again in the future. I went through and sorted out all the clothes that don't fit him anymore and now he's in desperate need of pants and shirts. That should be fun. I'll probably go back to Wal-Mart for a full on shopping spree and perhaps even go to Payless to buy him a new pair of shoes. I guess since i'll be using my own money, my mom won't object as much to whatever I want to get him except for showing me what the cheaper options are. Either way I hope I can find him some good buys next time I have extra cash on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment