Friday, August 25, 2017

Memories With A Sister: A Poem

Memories With A Sister

A Poem



My sister, I'm sorry we didn't grow up together,
Yet a lot of troubles we had to weather.
Rita tried to get you too,
But the agency wouldn't allow it, this is true.
We had many laughs and many tears,
While we grew up separately throughout the years.
I saw you the other day and you were ill,
My heart broke and stayed still.
I think of all the memories we've had,
Our times together weren't too bad.
a sister like you is my ultimate gift,
I'm sorry there was such a rift.
I remember on Christmas mom would buy us both a stocking,
A porcelain doll each and daddy's Nutcrackers kept breaking.
We danced with mom and we both looked silly,
and in those winters we played outside and it got chilly.
I loved you then and I love you now,
You will make it through this illness, somehow.
I'm sorry I wasn't a great sister,
you will always lighten up my day like glister.
You were full of laughs and shared a silly joke,
Even though very seldom we spoke.
I remember us with Grandma we shared her lap,
and our birth father was always full of crap.
We played with magnets and played with dogs,
we even once owned clogs.
Mom and daddy took us to a carnival at a church
we got on rides together where we perch.
She bought us each a butterfly clip,
It was a thing back then but the trend took a dip.
I couldn't bear to lose you Mommy, Daddy, and I love you so much,
You've got to fight it sissy for now you must clutch.
Your biggest wish was that Mom, Daddy, you, and I would be a family,
It will happen soon now for you, finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment