Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Yay For Bicycles

Yay For Bicycles



I just received my bike for pick-up yesterday. There was a lot of miscommunication from the store though. My mom had gone to Wal-Mart earlier in the day and said they saw my bike in the back room but didn't think to go check to see if it was ready. When they got home, they told me they saw my bike so I called Wal-Mart. At first they told me it was still in transit. I told them how my family saw it sitting there when they were there earlier in which case I got a "hold on for a minute" Sure enough, it was my bike and they said "yes that's yours and is available for pickup."

I had gotten a call from them last week pertaining to the bike. They had asked if I wanted it assembled which I honestly thought it was default to have a bike assembled for pick-up. So I told them yes. They didn't call me to notify me that it was available. That was a little annoying because if they had I would have asked my mother if she could get it while she was there because she was the alternate pick-up person.

When I had gotten the bike it was extremely dirty. I ran my fingers over it and when I looked at my finger, it was practically black with dirt. There was a little nick in the neck of the bike as well but I didn't worry because it was barely noticeable unless looking at it very closely which I did while waiting for my dad to pick up a few things. The front tire makes a little scraping noise when it rolls. but i'm guessing they either made the breaks too tight or the shield is too close to the tire.


Regardless it's a beautiful bicycle! white wheels, it has a basket, it's 7 speed, has an embroidered with teal on the flat of a tan and brown seat. came with a bell on the handle bars, and also has a little wooden backing for a second passenger or to strap a case/purse to. I love the powder blue color and the retro look of it. Its make is by Schwinn which has been around a very long time and makes quality bikes. My dad said we can store the bike in the house for a while which kind of surprised me. I was going to get my bike lock and lock it to a post in the garage since it was starting to rain.

I can honestly say though, with the confusion of Wal-Mart I will not buy anything else for pickup at the location. too much frustration and confusion due to their lack of knowledge and communication. The only thing nice was that they said "ma'am" to me even though being called "ma'am" makes me feel old. Thanks for the filthy bike Wal-Mart now I need to wipe it down with a rag due to your lack of attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment